Monday, February 22, 2010

Is Blogger Relations the New Media Relations for Gen Y?

Are you Gen Y?


We're born in 1980 and later. We spend our time online and love watching TV. We trust our closest friends for advice. And we certainly don't tolerate slow applications. Blatant advertisements make us want to puke.

And guess what....we now outnumber the baby boomers.

We are in fact PR 2.0's best friend.

So as a PR professional entering the PR 2.0 world, why bother with traditional media outlets to get your message across to Gen Y?



Why not use blogger relations?

- online is where the audience is
- blogging allows users to comment, opening up the lines of communication
- third-party credibility is huge for Gen Y (since we don't like experts!)
- if we can get it on our phones, you're set

Change is good. Loose the fear, and dive in PR professionals. Put the public back into Public Relations!

1 comment:

  1. You make a good point. The way that I learned about the iPad was through my daily webcomic reads, and I started writing my MP because of videos I saw on TED. My only question would be: how do you drive traffic in a way that isn't blatently advertising?

    ReplyDelete