Friday, April 9, 2010

Dogs are a PR Practitioner’s Best Friend

I love my dog. Not only does he bring a smile to my face, but he is a constant attention grabber. And with a future in PR, I absolutely love it.

Not only does he sing...



He also catches a frisbee, plays ball and loves to swim, I could not ask for a more perfect ice breaker for environmental issues besides David Suzuki.



Recently, during this year’s Earth Hour, Trigger was a huge hit to gather people’s interest in the Clean Train Student Coalition. Random people snapping pictures of him and trying to read his shirt was priceless.

Getting petition signatures for electrification of the Union-Pearson extension was not a problem, as long as people could pet him!



Which brings me to an interesting ‘a-ha’ moment.

In a world full of connection through technology, social media and the internet, we sometimes forget the face-to-face opportunity staring right at us.

We could learn a thing or two at the dog park. Who knows who’ll we meet and when, but being open to the opportunity is the most important step.

No comments:

Post a Comment