Thursday, April 8, 2010

Evian Water? No Thanks

After seeing this ad from Evian on my way home the other day...



All I have to say is: Are you kidding me?

It can be argued the key to a consumer's heart is self interest. But this ad made me literally laugh out loud at it. And of course angry enough to write a blog post about it.

Its interesting because the bottled water industry is falling. Perhaps they are running out of advertising ideas?

To put a half naked women on their ad and make us feel like the only thing we care about is our own bodies is a joke.

This is a perfect example of how businesses paint society as only self-interested and self-centered.

Sure I'm health conscious, but there are plenty more important things that I care about!

And what about the other bodies? Take the Aral Sea for example. It's greed and selfish thinking that leads to using resources unsustainably. So stop shoving selfish advertising down our throat! I at the very least, am not buying it!

And if this is where Evian is going next with its advertising...



Then I'll take it! This doesn't make me want to buy anything. But it doesn't make me angry either.

No comments:

Post a Comment