Wednesday, June 30, 2010

G20 Protestors: A Few Bad Apples

In case you are living under a rock, this past weekend in Toronto was the G20 Summit. I fortunately decided to head up north of the city and am so glad I did.

As a Torontonian (and not a native one I must add, I am proudly a westerner) I was disgusted on the actions of a few bad apples.


Many videos are circulating on YouTube, but here is a taste of the criminal actions of a few bad protestors:


                                    
The destruction and media attention that arose from these actions clouded the voices and messages of the 'real' protestors. Poverty and climate change were two important issues not addressed at the G20.


Unfortunately, the peaceful protestors lost an opportunity to communicate their important messages. Why does it always seem to be that a few bad apples ruin it for the rest of us?

No comments:

Post a Comment